I’ve had chance to have a look on the internet and found a Mary Berry recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies which should be used for Class 139 in the Sturton and Stow Show. I think I could get his one right!!! If you are 11 or under then this is the class for you:
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
100g/4oz softened butter
75g/3oz caster sugar
50g/2oz light muscovado sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
150g/5oz self raising flour
100g/4 oz plain chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C/Fan 170/ Gas 5
2. Lightly grease 3 baking trays
3. Put butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat until evenly blended. Add vanilla extract to beaten egg then slowly add to butter and sugar mix beating well between each addition.
4. Mix in the flour then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon large teaspoons of mixture onto the prepared baking trays leaving room for the cookies to spread.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Watch carefully as these can go from golden to brown very quickly.
7. Leave cookies to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes (but not too long or they stick) then carefully lift onto a cooling rack with a palette knife.